Call for new Editor or Editorial Collective
Conflict Management and Peace Science
The Peace Science Society (International) seeks applications for the editorship of its journal, Conflict Management and Peace Science (CMPS).
CMPS has an international circulation and is published by SAGE Publications. The journal is published 6 times per year in print and online and also offers Online First publication.
CMPS publishes scientific papers on topics such as: civil and international conflict; arms races; the effect of international trade on political interactions; foreign policy decision making; international mediation; and game theoretic approaches to conflict and cooperation. The journal is indexed in Thomson Reuters (ISI) Web of Knowledge and the Social Science Citation Index. Its current 5-year Impact Factor is 2.45.
General responsibilities of the editorship include:
- Soliciting and encouraging submissions
- Leading the strategic development of the Journal with a particular focus on maintaining quality and impact.
- Managing the receipt and peer review of scholarly submissions, liaising with authors, and responsibility for the selection and revision of articles.
- Delivering copy to the publisher upon acceptance and according to agreed production schedules.
- Managing and working with the international editorial board.
- Representing the Journal in your position as Editor, and promoting the Journal when possible, and with the support of the SAGE marketing team.
- Reporting to the Peace Science Society (International) and meeting with the Society and SAGE Publications to discuss the journal.
The individual or team would begin a four-year term on January 1, 2024. There will also be some transitional duties during late 2023.
The editor(s) should hold secure positions at an academic institution and receive sufficient support from their home institution for their editorial tasks. An editorial honorarium is offered with this position.
Those interested in making an application should send a CV, supported by a letter that outlines the experience and ability to perform the role. Ideally, each application should specifically address the applicant's aims and vision for the journal over the term of editorship.
Proposals must be received by July 31, 2023 for full consideration. The search will continue until an editor has been appointed. Applications from individuals or editorial teams will be considered. Applications should be submitted to Idean Salehyan, Executive Director of the Peace Science Society, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the process of selecting the editor(s), or the editorial duties involved, may be addressed to Idean Salehyan at email@example.com, or the current CMPS editor, Scott Wolford, at firstname.lastname@example.org .